Monday 19 July 2010

I Blame Coco - Evolution Festival 2010

Being a short set at a more low key festival than the likes of Leeds Fest, there isn’t much to comment on. I Blame Coco themselves were just as good as I saw them when they had supported La Roux. I believe the biggest downfall of this particular set was the fact that not many people in the crowd seemed to know who they were, hence very few people danced, moved or sang along with Coco, and it was evident that she noticed this and that this effected her performance as a front woman slightly.

Coco Sumners’ unique voice, in my opinion, is the main selling point of her and her band. She doesn’t sound like many people, if anyone, I’ve heard elsewhere. Her husky yet posh accent gives her a memorable and attractive singing voice.

Even though the band themselves seemed let down by the lack of enthusiasm from the crowd, I still believe they performed well and would definitely pay to go and see them on a tour they were headlining. I was annoyed by the fact people were throwing things lie bottles etc onto the stage, yet admired them for carrying on regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment