Tuesday 9 November 2010

Track Review - Wild Beasts - 'The Devil's Crayon'

As much as I don't understand the random squeaks and squeals Wild Beasts produce vocally, I do like this track. The vocals are some what White Lies-eqsue when the lead singer sings properly. The bands popularity has seemed to increase lately, even though they released their first single, 'Brave Bulging Buoyant Clairvoyants', on Bad Sneakers Records back in November 2006. Their current album was also Mercury award nominated. Personally I'm not a fan as I'm put off by the high pitched vocals - I find that they spoil most tracks that could be really good, however this track is more pleasing than the rest. The moderately up-beat tempo teamed with a catchy twinkled melody in the background make this track very hard not to be on a "to download" list.

Check them out for yourselves!
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/wildbeasts

No comments:

Post a Comment